You just launched a your new website! Congratulation! But now comes the hard part-how do your promote your new website? Desiree Wolfe, owner of DW Virtual Services, has some great tips and ideas on promoting your new site.
Promoting a new website is just like promoting a new business. You have to make announcements either through your email address book, press releases, Facebook, etc.
Marketing and promoting your website is an on-going effort. Please don’t expect an overnight sensation unless you have a run of good luck. Listed below are just a few of my suggestions for getting traffic to a new website:
1. Email all your friends and family inviting them to check it out.
2. Create a formal announcement, like a press release and submit it to the appropriate outlets – either through a distribution service or yourself.
3. Create a flyer or postcard to distribute to local retail outlets that have a common interest to your product or services. Do you make quilts? Ask your local fabric store if you can drop off a few cards or flyers.
4. Engage in social media. Do you have a Twitter account? Announce your new website there and on Facebook. Create a company Facebook page and invite your friends and family. Ask them to invite their friends to join the page. *(I can’t stress the importance of this one. You have to engage with your customers and build relationships with them.)
5. If you have a Facebook/Twitter, etc. account –USE IT! Engage in conversation. Search for people with similar interest of your service or product.
6. Run a special open house sale. People like the thought of things on sale. They want to feel like they’re getting a good deal. Use a special “LIMITED TIME” code and stick to it.
7. This one is very important – please pay attention! When you participate in message boards, forums, etc. include your website in your signature! I don’t know how many times people post things without their company/website information. If you want business please don’t make me search for it.
These are just some of my marketing tips. I’d love to hear what other Mom’s have implemented – both good and bad.
About DW Virtual Services
DW Virtual Services is a company that provides support to small business owners and busy individuals through administrative assistance, marketing, public relations and sales support. Learn more about their services by visiting http://www.dwvirtual.com