Your Facebook Business Page transforms to a ‘Timeline’ page in just a few weeks, whether you’ve made the changes or not. Since the announced change, a lot of small businesses have changed their cover photo and made the plunge and have been slowly adjusting and updating their page.
Today’s blog is going to focus on the ‘Milestone’ feature of the New Facebook Business Page. The milestone feature is the more detailed facet of the new timeline, and can be a little more time consuming to do it right. The big boxes have shown their going to utilize the milestone feature and I see this as a great opportunity and advantage for local businesses.
Here are a few ways a small local business can utilize the Milestone Feature:
- When your business or organization was established
- When or if new locations were opened
- Employee hires and staff growth
- When new products were released or began to carry
- When you reached a certain number of orders/customers/revenue, etc.
- When you established important vendor relationships
- When you received any local awards or recognition
- Local Chamber and Non-Profit
- Local sponsorships/ High School etc.
- Logo changes. TV, radio, print ads
- Draw a correlation between changes in your community and your business.
- When you launched your website or social media presence
Have your updated you page? We would love to hear about it and see your page! You can view our new facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/divadesignz. Let us know what you think.