Online Social Networking is a great way to connect with potential clients, build a loyal tribe of followers, get publicity, and make sales. But most people spend too much time – well, wasting time on Facebook and Twitter. Posting family pictures and chatting with friends about meeting for lunch can be fun. However, there are more effective ways to use these powerful sites.
Here are 12 things you can post to build a strong following:
- Post the title of your latest blog post, along with the link to it, so your followers can read your latest article.
- Engage your followers directly. Ask a question and trigger a conversation.
- Re-tweet or re-post other posts that you would like to share.
- Promote other people. The more you help others, the more they help you.
- Talk about what you are doing. Drinking your third cup of coffee? Yes! Posting common activities allows other to relate to you.
- Quotes – they can be inspirational, funny, thought-provoking… find ones that fit your brand and personality.
- Link to a video – either your own, or any that you find interesting.
- Give advice or helpful information related to your business – health tips, decorating ideas, business advice.
- Recommend a book you’ve read or a movie you’ve seen.
- Promote one of your products or programs. Do this once in a while!
- Be funny. Post a joke, or just write something amusing.
- Post on someone else’s wall, or @ them on Twitter. Talk to people. Engage. Interact. Build real relationships based on common interests and support.
Now, when you draw a blank, come back to this list for inspiration. To your success!