No matter how small your business is, whether you have 3 employees are 32, it’s time to get online and go big. Getting online with your company can increase your product more than you think. Here are some tips on where and how to start getting online:
Three online musts that every business should be doing:
- Facebook: It’s easy and simple to use. Facebook makes it easy to manage your personal Facebook account and business page. First things first, do you homework. Search your competitors and other local business on Facebook and see what they are doing. Your goal is to make your Facebook page informative, friendly and appealing. Post 2 to 3 times a day. Post photos, quotes, giveaways and fan appreciation.
- Twitter: Twitter is best for those short messages under 140 characters you want to get out. Tweet more than you post on Facebook. The more you tweet the more exposure you will get for your business. Follow people in your industry, larger companies in your area and individual people. Your tweets are limited but can be powerful.
- Blogging: Start blogging and start blogging immediately! Post your blog articles on Facebook, Twitter and on your website. Blogging once a week is perfectly acceptable. Blog about articles that your clients and fans would want to read about and can learn from. Keep it around 400-600 word articles and add photos.
Some tips once you are online:
- It’s all about linking. You can link your Twitter, Facebook blogs all together. This will make it easier when you want to share your information. Be sure to link on your website all three of these platforms.
- Responding. More than likely you will have clients and fans commenting on your posts, articles and statuses. Be sure that you respond quickly and positively. They may say ‘Great post!’ reply back ‘Thank you!’ Or they may ask you questions. Always respond and respond quickly.
- Avoid long and boring. That is a very quick way to get rid of your fans. Keep all entries short and to the point. Throw some fun facts in and make it fun!
- Visually appealing. Make it pretty. Add photos to your blog, make sure your font is legible, paragraphing and spacing can affect your fan base as well.
Once you get online you will slowly get the hang of it. Along as you post often and quality content, your business will do well. Have fun with it and remember these tips and tricks!
This is a guest post from Laura Backes, she enjoys writing about all kinds of subjects and also topics related to internet providers in the area. You can reach her at: laurabackes8 @ gmail.com.