Websites, like any marketing material, needs to be updated on a regular basis. This can mean either tweaking your website or giving your site a complete makeover. How do you know it time for a makeover? Here a few questions to help you answer that question.
1. When was the last time you updated your website design or functionality? If it’s been more than a year since you’ve done anything to your website other than add content, then it’s probably time to at least give your website a few touch-ups.
2. Does your website design still accurately reflect your company personality, brand, vision and mission? Businesses change and grow and you can easily outgrow your website design. If it no longer represents who you are and where you’re going as a business, it’s time for a makeover.
3. Is your website able to accomplish all that you need it to accomplish? Old platforms may not be able to handle all of the functions and features you’d like to offer your audience. For example, maybe you want to be able to offer a paid membership option.
4. Have you rebranded your business? If you’ve rebranded your business then your website most certainly needs an update.
5. Is your website poised to handle the future? If your website already has a retro look and feel, it may not be ready for what the future has in store. A touch-up now may prevent you from having to do a complete overhaul in the near future.
To stay competitive, it’s important to assess your website on a regular basis. Every six months to a year is a good idea to keep things fresh, innovative and interesting to your audience. Are you donsidering updating your website or blog? What are some changes you have in mind for your site?