Is life in the wireless zone lowering your libido? Are your children jealous of the time you spend with your PDA? Step away from the BlackBerry – at least every once in a while! If you are addicted to your Smartphone (like I am) then it’s time to check out the 10 Blackberry Commandments!
The 10 Blackberry Commandments
1. Thou shalt not take the BlackBerry to any table with food on it or family around it. A BlackBerry is not a fruit, nor does it come from a tree.
2. Thou shalt not use the BlackBerry as reading material in the event of insomnia. It will only worsen your situation.
3. Thou shalt not BlackBerry in lieu of responding to a child’s request (e.g., “Wait a second, I’m reading something.”).
4. Thou shalt not place the BlackBerry within distance of hearing its incessant beeps while at home. It is not a bird.
5. Thou shalt not check BlackBerry as if it were your baby. It will not cry or stop breathing.
6. Thou shalt not confuse number of e-mails with self-worth.
7. Thou shalt do everything possible to misplace your BlackBerry on weekends. “There’s No Place Like Home” will never be the tagline for the BlackBerry company.
8. Thou shalt remember that a BlackBerry is not a body appendage. It is a device that belongs in your briefcase or on your desk, and not in social settings.
9. Thou shalt refrain from bringing the BlackBerry to events involving family interaction. Extraneous dialogue with this contraption in lieu of real conversation suggests addiction.
10. Thou shalt never, ever, ever bring the BlackBerry to bed. Do this and you are BlackBuried!
Let’s not forget about all the other Smart Phones out there too! The same rules apply to the iPhone, the Android, the Windows Phone, the HTC, and all of the future smartphones in the making! It’s so easy to get caught up with our electronics and it gets difficult to put them down. I know I am guilty of breaking quite a few of these commandments! Today let’s all make a pledge to “detach” ourselves from our phones and at least try to honor a few of these commandments….maybe even add a few new ones……what do you think?