What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization, or SEO for short, is the process of adjusting several aspects of your website to encourage search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo to show your website before others in the search results for particular phrases. The majority of web traffic is driven by the major search engines – Google, Bing and Yahoo!.
Whether your site provides content, services, products, or information, search engines are a primary method of navigation for almost all Internet users.
We recommend the following tools to help you get started with SEO:
- HubSpot’s Search Engine Optimization Software: HubSpot’s software helps you get found online by more qualified visitors…try it FREE for 30 days!
- SEOmoz Software: A campaign-based software that helps you track keyword rankings, monitor your competitors, and analyze your sites’ content. The software also crawl your site weekly, digging up those hard-to-find SEO problems and showing you on how best to fix the.
- Getting To Know SEO (book) In Getting to Know SEO, content analyst and SEO expert Andre Kibbe gives you a solid grasp of what SEO is all about, and how it can help you generate steady and sustainable traffic to your site or product.
- Scribe SEO: This is a great tool to help you tweak your content for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- SEO Keyword Ranking: An excellent tool to keep track of the keywords you’re working on. Excellent interface and really easy to use.
- SEO Book: Another fantastic keyword research tool, with even more information and numbers to compare and select the perfect keywords.