Are you wondering how you can integrate Twitter and WordPress? Here is a list of 25 Twitter related plugins you can install into WordPress:
- WordTwit – WordTwit is a plugin that utilizes the Twitter API to automatically push a published post to your Twitter account as a tweet.
- Add Twitter – Displays your public Twitter messages or someone else’s for everyone to read on your blog.
- Tweet Chopper – A very simple and basic widget that shows tweets for multiple authors and trends.
- Advanced Twitter Widget – Widget that will enable visitors to give you/the site a virtual beer by clicking on the widget.
- Tweelow Plugin – Simple plugin that displays count of your twitter followers.
- Bird Feeder – Tweets about your posts when they are published.
- WordPress Dashboard Twitter – The most creative name, WordPress Dashboard Twitter, in fact represents a Dashboard Widget for WordPress, that turns your Dashboard into a Twitter client.
- Tweetable – Integrate Twitter with your WordPress blog. Automatically tweet new posts, display your latest tweet in your sidebar, etc.
- Related Tweets – Using your blog as the seed, find quality content from the Blog Traffic Exchange and tweet it automatically.
- sm00sh URL shrink – A plugin that converts all URLs in a post or comment into shorten URLs using a link shortening service.
- wpCommentTwit – Use Twitter to receive notices of comments when they are left on your WordPress site.
- Zipli-Retweet – Adds a re-tweet button to all WordPress posts in your blog and update your twitter account with post from your blog.
- Lifestream – Streams your activity from over 50 different sources to your blog.
- WP Quote Tweets – Allows authors to quote Twitter updates in posts or pages using a simple short-code.
- Thread Twitter – Thread Twitter fetch your tweets and display them in thread style.
- Twitter Publisher – Share a new blog post on Twitter using awe.sm or bit.ly url shorteners.
- dB Twtpoll – This plugins adds a short-code for embedding polls from Twtpoll really easy.
- Twitter News Feed – Collects Tweets based on specific Twitter usernames and hash-tags and then adds them as posts.
- WP-TwitterSearch – Displays the latest results based on a twitter search. Options include setting multiple search terms and limiting tweets shown.
- Twitter Tools – Google Analytics Tagger – Tag all your URL’s posted to twitter with Google Analytics tags using Twitter Tools.
- WP to Twitter – Posts a Twitter status update when you update your WordPress blog or post to your blogroll.
- Twitter Bubble – A sidebar widget showing the latest twitter update in a nice talk bubble, suitable for wide sidebars.
- Feed2tweet – Feed2tweet plugins allows you to publish your new posts to your twitter account.
- Commentwitter – Gives commenters the option of Tweeting their comment with a link to your post.
- Tweefind – Displays tweets related to your posts, ordered by rank. Admin Options -> Tweefind.
Have you used any of these plugins? If so please let us know how you like them! Or if we missed a cool Twitter plugin, drop us a line and let us know!
WordPress is one of the most popular and powerful publishing platforms. When you add in a few plugins, WordPress get even better! It’s easy to see why this program is considered to be one of the best content management systems. Plugins for WordPress allow you to twist, turn and convert WordPress from just a simple publishing system to the tool you need to make your web site successful. Here are just a few WordPress plugins that Diva Designz uses:
- WordPress Database Backup
What would happen if something happened to your blog and all of your content was lost? You can avoid that possible tragedy by installing a WordPress backup plug-in. This plug-in backs up the core information in your blog (the main tables) and sends a backup file up of you whole blog to your email address. You can even schedule when you want your backups to process.
- Comment Luv
This plugin will visit the site of the comment author while they type their comment and retrieve a selection of their last blog posts, tweets or digg submissions which they can choose one from to include at the bottom of their comment when they click submit. This is a great way to reward your readers by automatically placing a link to their last blog post at the end of their comment.
- Google XML Sitemaps Generator
The Google XML Sitemaps Generator allows you to create a complete sitemap for your blog. This is helpful in two ways. First, it creates a handy resource for you and your readers to find posts as your blog grows. Second, it helps search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, MSN and Ask.com (all of whom support this plug-in) find, crawl and index your blog changes quickly.
Akismet is critical to helping you manage spam comments on your blog. It stops what it detects to be spam comments (quite accurately), and holds them in a special moderation qeue separate from your other comments. You can then review and delete them (or move them out of the spam folder as appropriate) at your convenience. As your blog gets more popular, the number of spam comments you receive will increase, and Akismet will save you a significant amount of time in terms of catching and deleting each spam comment as it’s left on your blog.
- All In One Seo Pack
This is a very popular plugins for WordPress! It does a little bit of everything for you from helping choose the best post title and keywords, to helping you avoid duplicate content and more.
- WP Tweet Button
This plugin easily and fully implements Twitter’s official Tweet Button on your WordPress blog or site. The tweet button can be positioned as you please and can be styled to your delight in the settings page. You can configure individual messages for your posts, use the title of your entry or a default message for tweets. The WP Tweet Button also supports a variety of url shorteners and can even help track the effectiveness of campaigns using Google Analytics
- WP ListCal
WPListCal allows you to list upcoming events on your blog in a list or table format. It plugs straight into the WordPress admin pages to let you keep track of events just like posts and pages. You can then list events on a page or post using a shortcode, show events in your sidebar with a widget, or incorporate events into your theme files using a PHP function call.
These are just a few FREE plugins that we utilize on our blog! There are literally thousands of plugins available, with most of them being free. What are some plugins you have on your blogs? Are there any you recommend?
CommentLuv is a WordPress plugin to encourage comment participation, enhance your current comment system, and increase traffic to blogs. In the “leave a comment” area of a WordPress blog, there will be an option for the commenter to choose to display their latest blog feed headline right under their comment. CommentLuv is beneficial in many different ways and we have outlined them right here for you.
- How do I get CommentLuv?
- First, you would have to install the plug in into your wordpress. [ download CommentLuv here ] In your WP dashboard, under “Settings”, click on “CommentLuv” (There’s a cute little heart next to it so you can’t miss it) and this is where you go to edit the settings.
- CommentLuv will automatically insert itself into your comment form on WordPress.
- It is recommended that you register your site at ComLuv.com so that you can also select articles to be displayed on other CommentLuv enabled blogs. Don’t forget to fill out your profile (specifically your blog feed address) after you register.
- Increase comments on your blog
- CommentLuv allows your readers to do some free advertising just by participating. Because you have CommentLuv enabled on your blog, readers who see the badge have more reasons to be an active member of your blog.
- Google Do Follow
- One little flaw in WordPress is that by default, comment links are “nofollow” which means that google and other bots will not index these links. “Nofollow” has its pros and cons and the most important pro being that it’ll reduce spam. With CommentLuv, your blog feed links are followed by search engine bots which can increase backlinks and is a huge plus for SEO.
- Link to relevant blog posts
- If you are commenting about a blog post about CommentLuv, the most logical thing to do is select your article about CommentLuv too. Readers who are reading that particular post are more than likely interested in the same topic. If your headline is specific to that topic readers will follow the link to your blog for more information. This is a win-win situation for both party because not only does it show that their blog post is resourceful, you also gain readers who are interested in similar topics.
- Show others some Luv
- Anyone who owns a blog knows how hard it is to keep up with one. You have to consistently provide readers with great and interesting content for your blog to be worth coming back to. Readers who leave a CommentLuv on your blog most likely shared a blog post they thought was important to them. They just left you a direct trail to that special post so show some love back even if it’s just a simple “Thank you”.
- What do you think about CommentLuv?
- These are just some points we found were important – important enough for us to incorporate it on our blog! CommentLuv is relatively new on Diva Designz so for those who have used it for some time now what do you have to say about it? If you don’t have CommentLuv yet did this article convince you to install it? We’d love to know!
BackupBuddy is a WordPress plugin created by the PluginBuddy crew. This plugin is an all-in-one backup solution for your WordPress site. It backs up EVERYTHING into a neat little file that you can store on your computer and use to restore your site if you ever need to. It is an all-in-one solution for backups, restoration, and migration. The single backup file created by the plugin can be used with the importer script to quickly and easily restore your site on the same server or even migrate to a new host with different settings. The goal is to keep the backup, restoration, and migration processes easy, fast, and reliable.
BackupBuddy also has a mechanism in place that enables you to schedule regular backups of your site on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Just do the one-time set up of the options to set up the schedule and let BackupBuddy do the rest by performing backups in the background. If you want complete and total peace of mind knowing that your data is backed up, saved and secured then you need to download this free plugin! That is one less thing you have to worry about with your WordPress site. Not sure how to download and install this plugin? Send us a quick note and we will be happy to help you out with it!
Be sure to check out the links below for other great plugins!