CommentLuv is a WordPress plugin to encourage comment participation, enhance your current comment system, and increase traffic to blogs. In the “leave a comment” area of a WordPress blog, there will be an option for the commenter to choose to display their latest blog feed headline right under their comment. CommentLuv is beneficial in many different ways and we have outlined them right here for you.
- How do I get CommentLuv?
- First, you would have to install the plug in into your wordpress. [ download CommentLuv here ] In your WP dashboard, under “Settings”, click on “CommentLuv” (There’s a cute little heart next to it so you can’t miss it) and this is where you go to edit the settings.
- CommentLuv will automatically insert itself into your comment form on WordPress.
- It is recommended that you register your site at ComLuv.com so that you can also select articles to be displayed on other CommentLuv enabled blogs. Don’t forget to fill out your profile (specifically your blog feed address) after you register.
- Increase comments on your blog
- CommentLuv allows your readers to do some free advertising just by participating. Because you have CommentLuv enabled on your blog, readers who see the badge have more reasons to be an active member of your blog.
- Google Do Follow
- One little flaw in WordPress is that by default, comment links are “nofollow” which means that google and other bots will not index these links. “Nofollow” has its pros and cons and the most important pro being that it’ll reduce spam. With CommentLuv, your blog feed links are followed by search engine bots which can increase backlinks and is a huge plus for SEO.
- Link to relevant blog posts
- If you are commenting about a blog post about CommentLuv, the most logical thing to do is select your article about CommentLuv too. Readers who are reading that particular post are more than likely interested in the same topic. If your headline is specific to that topic readers will follow the link to your blog for more information. This is a win-win situation for both party because not only does it show that their blog post is resourceful, you also gain readers who are interested in similar topics.
- Show others some Luv
- Anyone who owns a blog knows how hard it is to keep up with one. You have to consistently provide readers with great and interesting content for your blog to be worth coming back to. Readers who leave a CommentLuv on your blog most likely shared a blog post they thought was important to them. They just left you a direct trail to that special post so show some love back even if it’s just a simple “Thank you”.
- What do you think about CommentLuv?
- These are just some points we found were important – important enough for us to incorporate it on our blog! CommentLuv is relatively new on Diva Designz so for those who have used it for some time now what do you have to say about it? If you don’t have CommentLuv yet did this article convince you to install it? We’d love to know!
BackupBuddy is a WordPress plugin created by the PluginBuddy crew. This plugin is an all-in-one backup solution for your WordPress site. It backs up EVERYTHING into a neat little file that you can store on your computer and use to restore your site if you ever need to. It is an all-in-one solution for backups, restoration, and migration. The single backup file created by the plugin can be used with the importer script to quickly and easily restore your site on the same server or even migrate to a new host with different settings. The goal is to keep the backup, restoration, and migration processes easy, fast, and reliable.
BackupBuddy also has a mechanism in place that enables you to schedule regular backups of your site on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Just do the one-time set up of the options to set up the schedule and let BackupBuddy do the rest by performing backups in the background. If you want complete and total peace of mind knowing that your data is backed up, saved and secured then you need to download this free plugin! That is one less thing you have to worry about with your WordPress site. Not sure how to download and install this plugin? Send us a quick note and we will be happy to help you out with it!
Be sure to check out the links below for other great plugins!
Do I Need a Blog?
If you’ve been on the internet in the last few years, you’ve probably heard the word “Blog”. But what is a blog and do you need one? “Blog” is an abbreviated version of “weblog,” which is a term used to describe a web site that maintains an ongoing chronicle of information. Basically blogs are used by businesses and individuals to present information in a journal or diary entry format. If you’ve ever kept a journal or diary where you record your daily activities you’ll enjoy maintaining a blog.
You can use a blog for topics ranging from personal to political. There’s really no limit to the subject matter you can present in your blog. One of the main reasons people use the internet is to search for information and a blog can become a portal to information sharing. When you do a search online for information, often times you are presented with a list that includes the blogs of many individuals and businesses. You can use a blog to communicate with those who are interested in what you have to say. For example, if you’re a mom who likes to share tips with other moms, then a blog would work for you. Or if you’re a business owner who wants to share information, you can communicate with your customers via a blog as well. Even if you’re a student and feel you have expertise in a certain area, a blog can share those thoughts with the world. Blogs are frequently updated and can include links to the website(s) that you have. Readers of your articles may find your information so interesting that they will look forward to clicking on your website link.
Once you have decided that blogging is for you, you will need a blog template. At Diva Designz Web Design Studio, we offer pre-made WordPress templates that will allow you get your blog up and running in no time!